Welcome to the News section of the iNSiGHT Ornithology website (https://www.simoncherriman.com.au/). This blog contains updates about various things I've been up to, interesting environmental issues and observations I make regularly while going about my day. It is designed to be fun AND educational, and inspire you about our wonderful natural world. Happy reading!

Thursday 30 August 2012

First Tenants



I was really happy to receive an email from Ardross Primary School today to tell me some tenants have moved into one of their nest boxes! This is what teacher Catherine Bishop told me:

“Here's a picture of one of the ring neck pair that have moved into the bird box you put up outside Room 5...



“It's lovely to hear him whistling and funny to see his tail waggling when it wants other birds to clear off. His lady is inside.”

How cool is THAT!? This box was installed earlier in 2012 (see this post for the full story) and already some local native birds are nesting inside. I’m heading back to the school soon so can hopefully get some photos of the chicks
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment