Welcome to the News section of the iNSiGHT Ornithology website (https://www.simoncherriman.com.au/). This blog contains updates about various things I've been up to, interesting environmental issues and observations I make regularly while going about my day. It is designed to be fun AND educational, and inspire you about our wonderful natural world. Happy reading!

Thursday 22 September 2016

Sacred Heart Primary


Today I volunteered a couple of hours and visited Sacred Heart Primary School to talk to the children about researching eagles, other wildlife, and the importance of conserving biodiversity. It was wonderful to see so many smiling faces, and also to learn how much some children knew about local species! I feel it is most important to inspire young children to value our unique wildlife, especially in the Perth Hills where we have so much to protect, so I am always keen to jump at an opportunity to speak and hopefully inspire the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment